We’re excited to announce we’re recruiting a DIGITAL MARKETING ASSISTANT as part of the Government’s Kickstart scheme.
Please note, this is a development scheme through the Government’s Kickstart scheme, open to anyone aged 16-24 who’s receiving Universal Credit and/or at risk of long-term unemployment. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact your local job centre or work coach.
About Northern Heart Films
Northern Heart Films are an Award Winning Film Production company based in Wigan, Greater Manchester with a focus on documentary storytelling. Northern Heart Films have produced films for the BBC, Guardian, Mirror and Channel 4.
Northern Heart Films have an exciting opportunity for a ‘Digital Marketing Assistant’ to work across all of our social media channels.
What we’re looking for
Northern Heart Films are a small team, working with us you are more than an employee, you are an integral part of the filmmaking family. We’re looking for someone who has bags of enthusiasm for social media and marketing.
The ideal candidate should be creative, have great communication and organisational skills. You will also have a passion for storytelling and a keen interest in digital marketing trends.
- You will be creating and developing new content, exploring ideas and sharing relevant stories that resonate with our brand.
- You will be required to update social media platforms on a daily basis and schedule posts. You will have the exciting opportunity of researching new initiatives and creating future marketing campaigns. You will be required to conduct competitor research, monitor social media engagement, and help us to improve our SEO. You will also be writing press releases and regular blogs/vlogs.
- You’ll be passionate about the success of Northern Heart Films and you’ll be researching opportunities, potential film commissions, upcoming film festivals, and other key industry dates and events. As part of your role, you will also be required to carry out some ad hoc admin duties such as maintaining information databases and reporting on social media analytics.
- You will need to adapt and quickly develop an understanding of our target audience and the film industry.
Skills and experience
- It is essential that the candidate is creative with a passion for keeping up to date with all the latest digital marketing trends.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communication skills, great attention to detail, and a willingness to learn and try new things.
- At minimum an A level or BTEC in Media, English Language, Creative Writing or equivalent. Minimum of C in English at GCSE level.
Northern Heart Films will be providing mentoring to support the candidate with their career progression including CV writing and interview skills.
As part of the training opportunity we will be providing the candidate with important digital skills to improve their future employment prospects. We will be providing the candidate with full access to the Adobe Creative Suite and Northern Heart Films will be providing basic photo and video editing training.
This role will be mainly remote working with the occasional film shoot.
The Old Courts,
Gerrard Winstanley House, Crawford St, Wigan WN1 1NA
Number of hours per week – 25
Working pattern – 25 hours over 3 days a week (This may vary depending on shoots. We can be flexible on this depending on the candidates availability.)
Hourly rate of pay – National Minimum Wage
How to apply
To apply you should contact your local job centre and / or Universal Credit work coach to get a referral for this role.
Once you have done this, please send a CV, Covering Letter (no more than 1 page of A4) explaining why you’re interested in the role to:
Scott Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Digital Marketing Assistant Role)
The deadline is 1 pm 4th June 2021. Interviews will take place either remotely via Zoom or in person at our Wigan studio.
The role starts as soon as possible.